Childhood and adolescence
- The children’s diet is important to contain all the nutrients to achieve growth and to obtain healthy eating habits from this age, which will follow them into adult life.
- Although, we know the importance of a healthy diet in childhood and adolescence, Greece ranks first with the most overweight and obese children worldwide, where as it seems that this has taken on epidemic proportions. Nowadays, as a consequence of obesity and excess weight along with heredity, there are many cases of children who have cholesterol, triglycerides, hypertension and type 2 diabetes, who until a few years ago appeared only in adults.
Do not forget that a healthy diet in childhood and adolescence is the foundation for a proper growth and good health. It’s an investment in their future.
Adults & Elderly
- A balanced diet is one of the key factors in order to be healthy.
- During adult and elderly life are various dietary requirements as to maintain a good standard of life and to achieve longevity.
- Due to the establishment of some habits in this age group and given that the changes in eating habits is not an easy procedure, the application of various techniques to be able to modify the eating behavior is an important tool in the educational process.
- In this way, the person will be able to adopt new habits and maintain them in the long term.
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding exist major changes that require a healthy diet. Recent studies have shown that mother’s eating habits before and during pregnancy as well as during breastfeeding can affect child’s health both in this period and in the long-term.
A balanced diet during pregnancy and breastfeeding, which includes a variety of vitamins and nutrients, is essential for both the mother and her child.